FreePDF Version History
- Updated manuals
- Fixed an error during setup and uninstall
- Conversion to Redmon 1.9 - license change AFPL Ghostscript to GPL
- PDF_tk removed due to license concerns - but can still be used
- Watermarks can also be placed over the text.
- Fixed WindowsXP setup bugs
- New Save dialog. Attempt against occasional Appcrash
- New setup for MS runtime. Target on freshly installed Windows operating systems (Win 7 / Win8) prevent various crashes
- Minor bug fixes
- stability improvements
- Installed PDF / A function
- Default PDF compatibility to Acrobat 8 changed.
8 compatible (not RT). Uses the "MS Publisher Color Printer" drivers
and patches the PPD to get all paper sizes and sets all necessary
- Fixes the setup problem "certificate error" in software distributions by the other printer drivers.
- Fixes issues with the encryption and Ghostscript 9.xx.
- New feature at Watermark: First and follow pages can get different watermark . PDFtk is now included.
Version now supports Ghostscript 9.xx
- Error of 4.04 fixed:
- Various PsSpecialChar problems
- Setup Error: FpAssist is now started in user mode .
- Fixed a bug when changing the version of Ghostscript.
- Bug in policy: MultiDoc Sort button is now visible.
Error of 4.02 fixed:
computers with Outlook or Outlook Express fpMailer.exe is automatically
activated in place of ShellMail.exe. Existing installations can be
improved by the setup.
- Auto Setup should now do the same in Windows Vista , Windows 7 and Server 2008/2008 R2.
Error of Version 4.00 / 4:01 eliminated:
- Setup Error "Error in modules mSetup1.MakePsDir" "1.6"
- "Error in modules frmFpAssist1.showfpAssist.click" with misconfigured user fpDir
- Correct handling of. Docx and other Office 2007 file name
Errors of version 4.00 fixed:
- Setup error in non-German Windows language settings
- Occasional error when using the PDF button
- Processing directories are personalized. No more paths in the regular workflow.
- 64- bit Windows support and Ghostscript 64- bit support
Printer driver (not signed - not when auto setup possible). Up to 4000
dpi (600 default) and 5x5 paper size. When switching from FreePDF
FreePDF should be uninstalled first , so that the printer will be
created. An otherwise the existing printer will be used.
- Configuration dialog now also available on Vista without admin rights.
Server specialty: Should fpassist.exe be started in a session in which
no complete surface but only a single program is started,
fpassist.exe can be startet with a parameter. Use the following call, for example, for Notepad.exe:
- Program path and file name:
C:\Program Files\fpassist.exe C:\Windows\notepad.exe
- Start in the following folder:
style (Vista - style). Can be in the configuration back to XP style. In
addition, for systems with low color resolution, a style used 'gray'
(hooks in XP style on gray set).
Until freepdf.exe 3:26
- FreePDF generally
- Create PDF via the File / Print
- Create PDF by double-clicking on existing PostScript file
- Join PDF - Assemble existing PDF files (limited to 200 files per session)
- PDF Multidoc - For several successive print jobs into a single PDF Create
- Create PDF on Desktop - with a single click , the PDF is created and opened
- Save to PDF
- PDF as email (unless on the e -mail program supports)
- PDF encryption with 40 and 128 bits
- Profile Configuration
- Access to all standard PDF settings that are supported by Ghostscript
- Configuration of actions before and after the PDF creation (include your own scripts is possible)
with PDFtk (PDF Toolkit) Watermark can be integrated. For example, can
such a preprinted letterhead be mounted behind the PDF - the expression
is then printed as on form .
- PDF encryption can be configured by using the profile and need not be separately confirmed when printing
profile ' for all users', a printer can be created that automatically
uses this profile. The profile can then be given a default action. So
that the dialogue can be processed automatically. All actions of the
dialogue are selected.
- Instead of PDF files also profiles could
for many graphic formats (jpg, eps, png, tiff, multi-page tiff, etc)
are created. It will then generate corresponding image files.
- More configuration options
Assitenten and FreePDF Haupprogramms can be removed individually to
users fewer opportunities to make mistakes, to offer (policy function)
- Ghostscript path can be changed manually
- Many settings that are accessible only by Registery - see the Administration Guide.
- German / German
- English / English
- French / French
- Polish / Polish
- Portuguese / PortuguÍs (Portugal)
- Portuguese / PortuguÍs (Brasil)
- Chinese / Simplified Chinese
- Chinese / Chinese traditional
- Spanish / Spanish / EspaŮol
- Italian / Italian / Italiano
- Dutch / Netherlands / Nederlands
- Hungarian / Hungarian
- Russian / Russian
- Swedish / Svenska
- Bosnian / Bosnian
- Czech / Cesky